Tubes and Tires

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Tubes and Tires
From: "David M Culgan" <culgandm@ggdns.gg.dupont.com>
Date: Fri, 12 May 95 12:48:50 EDT
I thought that there was a difference with "tube" type tires. And that the main
differnece was that the inside of the sidewalls were smooth, no ribs or anything
that might wear against the tube. I've been using Michelin XZX's and they have
several "ribs" around the inside of the tire. I have noticed some extra wear on
my tubes in this area and have had leaks. Does anyone else have a problem with
this? Are there current brands available that are smooth on the inside?

I'm about to shop for some new tires. I had thought I had to use 165 width, but
they're a little tough to find. Are most folks using 175 (or wider) without any
clearence or suspension problems?

Thanks,
Dave Culgan
'66 MGB