Tubes and tires

Subject: Tubes and tires
From: John Van Valkenburgh <jvan@nando.net>
Date: Fri, 12 May 1995 17:44:01 -0400 (EDT)
I had an old Vega that I had to run tubes in because the rims had too
much rust around the sealing area.  I was told then that the important
thing was to use a "radial" tube with a radial tire.  The idea being that
the radial tube was more rounded and would not get pinched with the extra
flexing that the radial tire has.

My MGB has wires so I'm using tubes there as well.  I doubt that the tire
shop pays any attention to what type of tube they use, even though I ask
them to use radial tubes.

I always replace the tube whenever I change tires or have a flat.  I also
carry a couple of old tubes in the boot for insurance.

John Van Valkenburgh
Raleigh, NC

Its "tubebad" the wires are not tubeless... sorry I could not resist.