RE: Zymol and tubeless tire tubes

To: MGS@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Zymol and tubeless tire tubes
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 15 May 1995 13:42:37 -0500
TATerry Sez:

On 15 May 95 at 8:30, Palmer, Lew (UCI) wrote:

> You bet. I've got them on my J2
> (Someday I've got to get the proper rubber rim liners!)

Nope- the rim liners are fine for the centre laced wheels (TC, and later), but
not the side laced. They are basicly large bands, and only fit in the middle.
(I've got a brand new full set for 19" wheels, if any of you TC folks need
some!) On the side laced, the spoke ends end up right by the edge of the tyre.
I think my old tyres (which were motorcycle tyres) may have even covered them,
as I had no problems with the inner tubes till I got my new Avons. Since then,
I've had a couple of flats. I keep telling myself that I'm going to send the
wheels off to be respoked, and then I'll cover up the spoke ends, but it
hasn't happened yet. I probably need to find at least one replacement wheel
(19" sidelaced) as well...

   ________
  /___  _  \    Roger Garnett            (Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu)
 /|   ||  \ \   Agricultural Economics  | The Wayward Sports Car Centre
| |___||  _  |  3 Warren Hall           | http://www.wayward.team.net/
| | \  |   | |  Cornell University      |
 \|  \ |__/ /   Ithaca, N.Y. 14853-7801 | (607) 533-7735
  \________/    (607) 255-2522          | Safety Fast!