Re: New MG Owner!

To: dbuckle@zeus.gs.gov.bc.ca
Subject: Re: New MG Owner!
From: jhoward@argus.lowell.edu (James D. Howard II)
Date: Mon, 15 May 95 15:22 MST

   possible about my new "toy".  The first item on the agenda is to learn how
   to adjust the dual carbs.  I understand they need tweaking just about every
   couple of weeks, is this true??  Any advice anyone can offer would be most
   appreciated, I'm going to spend the next couple of weeks learning the inside
   and out of my MG.

Get the file su-tune.tek by ftp from triumph.cs.utah.edu (in the sol
directory).

You do not need to tweak them every two weeks.  More like annually.  I
find that I need to tweak the dwell on the distributor every 3000
miles.  That makes all the difference.  It is a wonderful feeling,
coming back from a two week vacation, cranking your MGB up when it
is 10 below Farenheit outside, and having it start right up,
especially when your neighbors' Honda is having trouble.

James