Re: U-joints in '71 Midget

To: Hans Huber <hanz@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: U-joints in '71 Midget
From: Agustin de la Calle <delacall@bcmp.med.harvard.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 May 1995 19:08:24 -0400 (EDT)
Hans,

First of all, this "mg-owner@triumph..." address you used,
does it work? I always use: "mgs@autox.team.net" and that
works fine.
Anyway, thanks for the information that I had heard, but
(dunno why) already forgotten. I wonder why the garage wanted
to pull the tranny and the engine for the u-joint repair if
they can fiddle with it as you did.

The cardboard method sounds vaguely familiar. I bet there's
been a thread a while ago.
> i've heard the method of supporting the front u-joint with cardboard
> so you can get it lined up the the transmission tailshaft, but i've
> never had success doing it that way..

> if this makes as little sense as i fear, let me know, and i'll try to
> elucidate..
Nope, it's ok, I understand.

> hanz ('58 frog, san francisco)
> Hans Dampf? ;-)