Re: Quality Convertible Tops

To: Ocast15@aol.com
Subject: Re: Quality Convertible Tops
From: Nick Benson <grayoak@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 May 1995 18:44:17 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 17 May 1995 Ocast15@aol.com wrote:

> >Has anybody tried ordering from Prestige?  They have an 800 >number here
> >in the US, but are located in England.  Their prices are quite low, >and
> >I'm wondering about the quality of their tops and tonneaus.
>

> I purchased a top from Prestige last Febuary for my '77 MGB of Doom and am
> impressed with the Quality.  I bought the tan canvass.  The fit I can't
> comment on as I have yet to mount it. :( as the car is on jack stands with
> water leaking out the side of the head :((
>
> I am in no way affiliated with the above company and YMMV...ETC ...BLAH, BLAH.

I recently saw Prestige advertising in Hemmings and was wondering what
the shipping costs would be.
Prestige has been manufacturing carpets and tops
for many years in England.  They advertise in a respectable publication
called the "Exchange & Mart", (known to some comedians as the "Range & Fart!").

Anyway, I remember a friend of mine in England buying a top for his '72
Sptifire, and it was ok.  Mind you, this was fifteen years ago, and I
haven't lived there for nine!

Nick D Benson
Dept. of Industrial Sciences
Colorado State University