Parts from the UK

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Parts from the UK
From: "Bruce, Bill" <BBRUCE@ewi.usa.com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 1995 13:38:56 -0400
I'm relatively new to this newsgroup, but I thought I would put in my
two-cents worth regarding parts from the UK.  For the past few years, I
have been getting parts for my '73 MGB from the MGB Hive in the UK.  They
have a good catalog, in which they list a reconditioned front shock
absorber for 15.00 pounds, including VAT (just less than $25).  Their
address, etc., is:

The MGB Hive

Marshall's Bank

Parsons Drove

Wisbech

Cambs.  PE13 4JE

Tele:  (01945) 700500

Fax:  (01945) 700130

The people are friendly there and they always seem to have what I need.
They are about a 45 minute drive north of Cambridge.  I've gotten around
the shipping problem by picking the parts up at their shop when I visit
the UK on business and bringing them back as luggage.  The most
significant thing that I've brought back is a cylinder head!  Not only is
the shipping "free" that way, I get the 17.5% VAT returned when I leave
the UK.

William A. Bruce

Senior Research Engineer

Edison Welding Institute