Rear Oil Seals (axle)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear Oil Seals (axle)
From: "JOHN WHITEHEAD" <WHITEJ@sunynassau.edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 1995 11:48:45 EST
      I  had the luxury of using a lift in my friends shop a day ago,
    and noticed that my passenger side axle seal is starting to go. I
    am getting ready to call Moss for new ones, but I'm not sure what
    else  (if anything) should be changed when I make the repair.  If
    anyone has walked this path and might shed some light upon it,  I
    would appreciate it.

      I'm curious!! Does anyone else in MG land have the same trouble
    pointing  the car  towards work  (a four  letter word)  on a nice
    day??   I  have owned  the car  less  than a  year now  and spent
    countless  hours making it  reliable.  Having reached  a point of
    "better"  reliability (and weather), the urge to continue driving
    has become overwhelming!!!

    `   77777 33333    BBBB     John Whitehead
     `     7      3    B   B    Network Administrator
          7    3333    BBBB     Nassau Community College
         7        3    B   B    One Education Drive
        7     33333    BBBB     Garden City, NY 11530-6793
                                whitej@sunynassau.edu

1973 MGB (Red) "The Phoenix"
1992 Toyota P/U (to tow the "B")

                                    [whitej@sunynassau.edu]