Re: Radio Converter -Reply

To: "Ramm, Andy" <ARAMM@sv.tbgi.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Radio Converter -Reply
From: "W. B. Olson" <WBOLSON@cherokee.astate.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 1995 13:57:48 CST
I converted my 67 BGT.  No problems.

Tach converted and rewired, fuel pump rewired, turned the battery
around, polarized the generator.  Everything else remained unchanged.
It all works like it was originally negative ground.

BTW, I adjusted (calibrated) my tach at the same time.  Jacked up the
rear end and put it on stands.  Blocked the front wheels.  Started up
the car.  Put it in fourth gear and wound it up to 54 mph.  Held the
speed constant and adjusted the tach to read 3000 rpm.  Shut it all
down and reinstalled the tach.  (I had already checked the
speedometer against a known standard and it checked out accurate.
You may have to make commensurate adjustments for an incorrect
speedometer.)  I then changed the decal to "negative ground".

Enjoy!