Repolarization

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Repolarization
From: ejm03@health.state.ny.us
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 95 10:28:12 EDT
Andy Ramm asked about problems with repolarizingthe generator. I have
 converted several MGA's to negative ground and only one gave me any problems.
It would not charge after repolarizing the generator. Local repair shop
checked generator and regulator, both were OK, so he decided that the
 regulator needed to be repolarized. One flick on the regulator and the
 generator began charging. I know Lucas's early 1960's memo on converting to
 negative ground says it is not necessary to repolarize the regulator but if
all else fails  it is worth a try.

Gene Myszkowski             1959 MGA roadster on the road
EJM03@ health.state.ny.us   1960 MGA coupe on the track