Re: 66 Midget Front Suspension

To: Yorkus@aol.com
Subject: Re: 66 Midget Front Suspension
From: ALAN_COSTICH@HPATC1.desk.hp.com
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 95 12:28:00 -0400
York,

Mark Voelckers at British Auto Salvage, 315.986.3097,
and tell him I sent you. Mark has jigs and expertise
in renewing the lower control arms. He will want the
used arms as a core, but, I think he has a bunch made
up. Last we talked, he wanted $46US for renewed arms.

I know he has a shop making up the threaded tubes. I
didn't ask for the name of the shop. I thought that would
not be appropriate. I did ask Mark to sell me just the
tubes thinking I could braze them in myself. Mark was
not too keen on that. I did get the old tubes out by
melting the brass with a torch. So, now I have a bunch
of lower a-arms waiting for me to renew the tubes. But,
I have a year or so to figure out how to do it.

Or pay Mark.

I am bringing a '72 midget back to life. The next project
waiting in another garage, is a '59 bugeye. Hopefully, Ray
will have some time by then to work his magic with the dremel
tool.

Alan