insurance

To: mgs@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: insurance
From: "FRANCIS J. URICCHIO M.D." <uricchio@cvi.hahnemann.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 1995 22:13:13 EDT
I can atest to this type of insurance, I've been using it for years on
my cars. It is very cheap and good coverage and yes they will pay off a
claim with no troubles.  The one I use is Condon & Skelly, located in
New Jersey, there is one other one but cannot think of the name of hand.
I've got full coverage on $8k on a 66 Mustang and $10k on my MGA MKII,
cost is around $185 for BOTH car for 1 YEAR, very difficult to beat that.
But there are restriction, cannot be primary transportation, 2500 miles
a year, must be garaged, and supply them with photo's.  I also believe
the cars must be 25 years or older, but don't quote me on that one, they
did at one time, a number of years ago insure my 74 MGB for a higher rate
but also realized that I was a collector and did not drive the car much.
I did have one claim on the Mustang when someone ran into me with no
insurance, they paid off the claim with no hastles.  These companies are
also listed in Hemmings Motor News.  It will not work for everyone but
for thoughs of us who can't drive these cars every day. . . . it works.

Hello netters:

I'd like to ask a different sort of insurance question. I have a 79 B which is
not a daily driver. A friend who is a Ford Shelby enthusiast tells me there is
a type of insurance you can get if the car is driven less than 2500 miles per
year that is relatively cheap. Does anyone out there have experience with this
type of insurance? Thanks in advance.

                Chip Uricchio
                Philadelphia, PA
                79 B