Re: paint it black

To: gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu
Subject: Re: paint it black
From: hanz@sybase.com (Hans Huber)
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 95 14:27:14 PDT
quoth the ray:

> WELL, Will, black was NOT an original bugeye color. There has been a lot
> of confusion about it, because there was a brochure that is reproduced in
> many bugeye books and which was apparently used a lot by dealers, which
> featured an artist's rendition of a black bugeye.  There may have been
> black prototypes, but during production black wasn't available.

black (with red interior) is listed as a bugeye color option in one
those books i conveniently don't have to hand just now (i think it's
Porter's _Guide to Purchase and DIY Restoration_).  don't know if any
actually got made.  i'll check the _Original Sprite & Midget_ book,
see what it says.  We may have conflicting references here (how unusual!).

anyhoo, them black uns shoor is purty.

hanz, '58 frog (black), san francisco.