'66 MG Tachs Reading High

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: '66 MG Tachs Reading High
From: Railroad2@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 1995 19:14:19 -0400
A surprising number of people with '66 MG's have asked me to forward info on
tachs that read high.  So far, the only cause suggested has been bouncing
points:

From:   alban@psdb-tb.demon.co.uk (Alan Brooke)

Check that you haven't got points bounce, I had a similar thing with an
electronic ignition that was double iring at high revs. At least I don't
think I was doing 13000 revs!

There seems to be enough interest here to put this on the general net.  If
anyone else can suggest causes or solutions, please post it for everyone.

Glen