M.G. Colors

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: M.G. Colors
From: GARYCINE@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 1995 19:22:50 -0400
Silikal@aol.com wrote:
"I saw a "Mirage" MGB.  Sort of a mauve/pastel purple color.
The owner had an xeroxed article about the color on the windshield.  Seems
like it was a "custom" color, and only about 30 MGB's were done in it."

There is a Mirage MGB in the Houston M.G. Car Club.  It is a 1974-1/2 and
belongs to a lady who I believe bought it in California.  Needless to say she
gets a lot of ribbing about the color of her car.

I bought my Midget in new in 1977 and it is chartreuse..sort of the color of
they started painting firetrucks for better visibility at one time.  I
suspect many of you may be asking why I would buy a chartreuse Midget on
purpose.  The dealer told me for safety sake I should pick the brightest
color possible when purchasing a Midget...so I did.  Are there many
chartreuse M.G.s out there?  I have only seen one other (an MGB of the same
vintage).

The car originally came with a package of black decals on the side with the
word "special" integrated into the design.  These are thankfully long gone
from the car.  It was part of a dealer package that included luggage rack
(still in use), AM-FM radio (AM no longer works), and wheel trim rings
(looking a bit scruffy now).

It now has 92,000 miles on it and I use it for daily transportation.  It's
been a good friend that I plan to keep around for a lot longer.

Gary Watson
"Inside the Octagon"
Web page at:  http://www.ipl.co.uk/MG/octagon/index.html