RE: Top Repair

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Top Repair
From: Allan Hovis <hovisa@nando.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 95 13:12:16 EDT
After having a new top for about a year on my B, I was in the process of
unzipping the rear window (Summer in NC is HOT!) and the zipper pulled
out of the top. After inspection, it turned out that the stiching had
been exposed to the weather and rotted. After some inquiry, I found some
great stuff for sticking tops and zippers back together. Its called
plyo-bond (sic?) and is used a lot in the aircraft industry. The zipper
has been holding through all of this hot weather for 2 months now and I
am sure it would do a good job on a patch. I found it at the local ACE
hardware store. You might give it a go.

Allan Hovis