*YES*! I got a Midget!!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: *YES*! I got a Midget!!
From: Graham Knight <graham@disr.den.mmc.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 95 10:27:45 MDT
Hi!

Well, after years of drooling every time i saw a Midget
drive by the incredible has happened! I was introduced
to a *very* nice guy, we were discussing how to fix the
roof of his garage. I noticed a very small car under a tarp
in the back of the garage,"Hmm", i said, "looks like you
have a project", "Oh that", he said, "It's an MG, i haven't
worked on it for years, do you want it?". Well, i didn't
want to feel like i was cheating him, so an old bicycle
and a lawn mower in trade  and i was the very proud
owner of a 1973 Midget!!

So now i get to try and make it run :)

It isn't getting any fuel. My guess is that the fuel
pump isn't working. Does this model use an electric
pump? I cant find a mechanical one on the engine.

Brakes seem pretty well shot. No fluid in the master
cylinder. Are brake parts fairly easy to come by
for this model?

Does this model use a hydraulic clutch? How reliable
are they?

I have about 999 more questions, but I'll stop here.
I'm thrilled to finally have a Midget, hopefully
it will be roadworthy soon!

TIA,
 Graham

--