Re[2]: new engine/re-engine

To: mgs-owner@triumph.cs.utah.edu, TRIFARI@aol.com
Subject: Re[2]: new engine/re-engine
From: Chuck Simmers <Chuck_Simmers@ccm.ch.intel.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 95 08:46:49 PST
Text item:

I recently finished a '65 Midget MkII conversion with a Toyota 2TG 1600 DOHC
and T50 5-speed. The whole conversion took me about two months and went very
well without any major problems. Some of the benefits that I have observed in
using this daily driver are:
        1. Starts every morning without fail.
        2. Contains ALL of the lubricants WITHIN the engine/transmission.
        3. Does not need constant fussing with carbs, ignition, valves, etc.
        4. Easy to get parts. The engine was a breaker bit from Japan, needed
complete rebuild. Got parts from local dealer.
        5. Horsepower and torque are almost tripled from stock MG.
        6. Fifth gear lets me cruise at 65mph @ 3000 rpm.

        Regards,
        Chuck Simmers
        '65 MG Midget/Toyota
        '67 Matra 610
        '92 Buick Roadmaster

>Jerry thanks for the prompt reply.  I got a note thatr said Mazda engine's
>were no/nos, but Iwas just using that as an example.  A friend of mine put a
>mazda rotary in his 1956 BN2 and I guess it worled out OIK. Anyway, the imput
>on the Toyota engine was just the kind of thing I needed.  Now the real
>queston:  where do I get a copy of MG driver?? Thanks again.,  John Trifari
> 1980 MGB/1955 A-H BN1

John...

Why ruin a perfectly good MGB? If you want a Toyota - go buy one they
are still available.

Dick :>)
Have MG will travel

Text item: External Message Header