Re: "Truckish" handling.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: "Truckish" handling.
From: "Jerry Causey" <antiques@whidbey.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 1995 10:04:42 +0800
Jay:

> > Not as nice as my friend's B,
> >but he has some pretty radical autocross settings on Camber and Caster.
>
> Wha?  How did he change the castor?  I know you can alter the camber by
> swapping the lower A-arms, but I wouldn't think that altering castor would
> be possible without doing some *severe* suspension mods.

A few years ago I sent my front suspension bits off to Performance Engineering,
in Eugene, OR, and after a very, very, very, very long wait got them back all
nicely powder coated with new king pins and Carsan bushes with
off-set centers (or off-set somethings - I didn't take anything
apart).  Now it is  fully adjustable for castor, camber, and toe. I also
bought the rear suspension kit of Carsan spring eye bushes, Carsan
interleaving,
and long shackles to de-roll steer the rear end. I had to have the rear leaves
de-arched to compensate for the longer shackles.

Regards,
Jerry