Re: Painting rubber bumpers

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Painting rubber bumpers
From: jtilton@vt.edu (Jay Tilton)
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 1995 13:02:52 +0600
"Sean Johnson" <sean_johnson@milacron.com> writes

>I do wonder whether there are products out there that could be used to coat a
>bumper, but that would stretch enough to withstand parking lot incidents
>without tearing.  Does anyone know of such a product?

OOOO!  Did anybody happen to catch "Beyond 2000" on The Discovery Channel
(or whatever channel it's on; I can't remember for sure)?

They had a new red Maserati, and proceeded to slather white paint on it with
a roller.  (GAH!!)  When they were done, they just peeled the paint off the
car in one big sheet, leaving the original red paint completely clean and
undamaged.  The lady peeling it off described it as "like a thick rubber
balloon."  Seems it's some sort of latex coating you can just peel off and
reapply whenever the old one gets funky or you get in the mood to have a
different color car.

I didn't catch a manufacturer, product name, or any availability
information, but this stuff sounds like it would be *just* the thing for
rubber bumpers.
--
Jay Tilton
jtilton@vt.edu