Re: Rover V8!!

To: "Berrie C. Watson" <bwatson@mailer.fsu.edu>
Subject: Re: Rover V8!!
From: Jay Nemeth-Johannes <jayj@hpislj.lvld.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 95 14:13:46 -0600
>This is my first time posting, although I have been an avid fan for
>months.  I am dreaming of dropping a Rover V8 in my '70 mgbgt, but want to
>find one cheap.  My question is:  What vehicles have Rover V8 engines?
>Which Buicks?

Why???  There is some justification for the mGB, as the engine
compartment is big enough, and the car has a longer wheelbase as well
as a bit more weight.  This one strikes me as a nearly impossible
swap, and one which will totally overpower the chassis, kind of like
the story floating around recently of the guy strapping the jato pack
to the Spitfire.

  Cheers,

    Jay Nemeth-Johannes                       87 Merkur XR4ti (for sale)
    Hewlett-Packard                           95 & 83 VW GTI
    Measurement Systems Division              71 Saab Sonett
    Loveland, Colorado                        58 MG ZB Magnette