Re: Sources for Phosphoric Acid?

To: sean_johnson@milacron.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sources for Phosphoric Acid?
From: NKED65A@prodigy.com ( BOB NOGUEIRA)
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 1995 20:11:16 EDT
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

>  on: Friday, 01-Sep-95 01:03 PM
>
>sean_johnson asked:>
> Subject: Sources for Phosphoric Acid?
>
> Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a source for phosphoric acid (in
less
>  than 55 gal drums).

Sean PPG makes a product called CHEMFIL Metal Cleaner (DX579)
I 've used it for years as a cleaner deruster for body work.  It is
nothing but Phosphoric acid and 2-Butoxyethanol.  I buy it in quart
bottles from my
auto paint supplier.  You cut it with two parts water.  Works like a
champ!
I keep a gallon container to derust small parts and it is also a
fantastic
degreaser.

Household hint : Put some in a spray bottle and use it to clean the
tile
shower .  It cleans the soap scum  and mildew better and quicker than
any of the store bought stuff. Do it when wife is out and she'll think
you spent the day cleaning . Follow with " Well dear now that I've
finished that I think I'll relax in the garage and tune up the LBC.

BOB  "Living better through chemistry"