Chemical Stripping

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Chemical Stripping
From: "Nelson, Don" <dnelson@moby.msd.lmsc.lockheed.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 95 17:24:00 pst

I've been catching up on the postings after a lengthy vacation/business
trip, paying particular attention to the thread regarding chemical
paint/rust stripping.

I also looked into purchasing a large quantity of phosphoric acid for the
purpose but was told the cost would be prohibitive and disposal, unwieldy.
 It was suggested that I make a parts bath using muratic acid which is used
to balance the pH level in pools/spas and is readily available at hardware
and pool supply stores.  Its also inexpensive.

Anyone had any experience or could comment on the subject?

Don Nelson
dnelson@moby.msd.lmsc.lockheed.com
'93 Acura Integra GSR
'67 Mustang Coupe
'54 TF ("It took me two trips to get it home!)