Belnap?

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Belnap?
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 1995 09:39:27 -500
Now that we have more people with memories here, I'll repeat a question that
I asked on W2W a few years ago- Does anyone have any idea where the Belnap
Hillclimb was held in the 50's? I have the remains of an MG TD based hillclimb
special, that has very little to identify it, other than a plaque from that
event. Here's what I've been told, or observed about it:

MG Hill Climb Special
-Built in the 50's in California (?)
-MG TD engine, tranny, front end/steering, rear axle, radiator.
-Torsion bar rear suspension, running side to side.
-2 seater Aluminum body, 2 main tubular side rail chassis, w/small
 interconnecting tubes.
-Had a slab-style gas tank behind the drivers head.
-TD/TF brakes with Alfin drums
-15" Wire wheels

-Dash-plaque: 1st @ Belnap 1957 in under 1500cc Modified
-May have run Pikes Peak at some time or the other. (?)
-Brought East in the early 60's by Paul Gorman (to R.I.), and
 driven around for a while.
-Left sitting out in RI from 1968, less drive train and many other parts

 There supposedly used to be a lot of other dash plaques...

   ________
  /___  _  \    Roger Garnett            (Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu)
 /|   ||  \ \   Agricultural Economics  | The Wayward Sports Car Centre
| |___||  _  |  3 Warren Hall           | http://www.wayward.team.net/
| | \  |   | |  Cornell University      |
 \|  \ |__/ /   Ithaca, N.Y. 14853-7801 | (607) 533-7735
  \________/    (607) 255-2522          | Safety Fast!