collectors plates

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: collectors plates
From: "cassie bevis" <cassie_bevis@bctransit.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 95 13:07:12
     this is second try at sending - think I had the wrong address first
     time

     I have recently had my 75 Midget repainted (Jaguar racing green - not
     the more olive green the car was - even though I assume this to be the
     actual stock colour)  and my husband (no bashing here) replaced the
     rugs, cleaned and repainted the engine compartment and trunk.  One of
     the few remaining things left to redo are the seats.  The driver's
     side strap under the seat is broken and the leather(?) is starting to
     split in places, but right now we can't afford to get new seat kits
     (but this is off the track of my question).

     We are now looking into collectors plates (c.p.) for the car.  It has
     regular license/plates right now but we only ever drive it for fun -
     never to work.  So we thought it would be better to get c.p.'s - a big
     thing pushing us would be the fact it would only cost around $250 a
     year to insure it as opposed to the $800 it is now.  Anyway - I live
     in B.C. but if anyone anywhere has some pointers on getting the plates
     (i.e. - what they definitly won't allow, what they don't notice, is my
     cassette player in the dash going to kick me out of the running?) it
     would be greatly appeciated.

     Thanks for letting me go on for so long - I'm new at this.

     Cassie Bevis
     75 Midget