MGF in USA, mkII

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGF in USA, mkII
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 1995 16:43:15 +0500
Sorry for the double post but I thought of something else regarding the
selling of MGFs in the US.  Some on the list may object to this but...  they
may also be thinking that they can't screw this one up.  They've left the US
market once, and a lot of folks *still* make jokes about the poor quality of
the British sports car (I know, my neighbors make sure I hear them all).  If
they come back into the US market with either a car that isn't up to current
standards (at least up to the Miata) and/or their dealer network isn't up to
at least average dealer standards, they may well sink like a lead balloon
(what ever that is).

I frankly don't think that they can sell enought MGs in the US now, in the
mid-late 90's, based solely upon name recognition (the good part, not the
bad part) and brand loyalty.  They have got to make sure that they are
providing an exceptional product and exceptional service (especially if the
car will base in the mid-$20K range and probably be beyond that if you want
a windshield).

... an additional $.02 worth

Will "off his soapbox, off his rocker" Zehring