A/C & MG

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: A/C & MG
From: LawyerJoe@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 1995 09:45:54 -0400
around for most of a year now trying to get my 1974 MG Midget (the Bumblebee)
to work with A/C.

The good news is that I was able to fit an aftermarket setup designed for the
Dodge Colt into the Midget, however we had to use the space for the air pump
for the A/C compressor.  The A/C runs fine, but it has been quite a project
trying to keep the heat from the engine compartment and transmission tunnel
from overcoming the effect of the A/C, and also keeping the engine and fuel
system cool enough with the tiny stock radiator in the MG.  Of course,
Houston's heat is the extreme condition, but at this point I am able to run
the A/C without overheating the engine or boiling the gasoline out of the
carbs on most days, except in mid summer.  Still working on it, however.

Joe