Re: Miatas

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Miatas
From: "Ramm, Andy" <ARAMM@sv.tbgi.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 1995 14:35:52 -0400
I agree, Miatas are OK, but I usually snicker when I pass one on the road
(usually with its top up).  I can't remember the last time I even thought
of latching the top.  I'd rather drive my '67 Midget, even if it is slow
and doesn't handle as well as a yououghta.  There's nothing generic about
the Smidgin, while you might as well put a UPC symbol on the Miata,
there's so many of them.

Andy Ramm
'67 Midget Mk III -- The Smidgin

----------------Original Message Follows----------------
 Matt Liggett writes:

> 20:1 it was the driver and not the car which was the problem.  Any
stock
> miata will out-accelerate and corner a stock '79 B with the same
drivers.

  I usually try to avoid the "my car is better" threads, but Midget
owners have
been fairly silent on this one.  I suspect that you could get a much
cheaper new
car (than a Miata) that would out perform an old MG - even, "GASP", a
generic
rice burner.  But it just wouldn't be the same.  Miatas are very nice and
would like to be given one.  But they just don't have the pedigree.

Tom (becoming a car snob) Wannenburg
74 Midget
---------------- End of Original Message -----------------