FWD: Lowering Rubber Bumper MGBs

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: FWD: Lowering Rubber Bumper MGBs
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 1995 03:14:16 -0600

    Date: Thu, 19 Oct 1995 16:59:39
    From: DamitDick@gnn.com (Damit Dick)
    Subject: Lowering Rubber Bumper MGBs

I have a 1980 MGB-LE which I wish to lower 2" all around. It was my
intention to use the Moss 550 lb. rate coil springs on the front
since they are susposed to achieve a 2" height reduction in rubber
bumper cars. Has anybody done this? Is it sucessful?

I called one of my parts distributors, all set to order up the
necessary components to achieve Stage 3 suspension. He informed me
that in order to achieve a 2" reduction in front ride height, I
needed to use an early style cross member, a smaller crank pulley, a
different style timing chain cover, different steering components,
and do some grinding. This is much more involved than I had been led
to believe. Has anyone done this? Exactly what is involved? Exactly
which components need to be changed?

Advice, guidence, comments pro/con appreciated.

Email direct to DamitDick@gnn.com or DamitDick@aol.com please.

Thanks.

Dick :>)
Vintage Parts & Products