Re: FWD: Lowering Rubber Bumper MGBs

To: mgs@autox.team.net (mgs)
Subject: Re: FWD: Lowering Rubber Bumper MGBs
From: todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil (Todd Mullins)
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 1995 16:46:10 -0500 (CDT)
Damit Dick writes:
> I understand about the late cross member and it's spacers. But,
> what I don't understand is why you cannot (apparently) just replace
> the stock springs with the Moss 550lb springs which are advertised
> to lower rubber bumper cars two inches.

Might it have something to do with the lever shock's range of motion?
Shorter springs should change the arc through which the lever arms (and
the A-arms, come to think of it) move, and you'd probably run into bump
stop problems.

> I'd sure like to hear from someone who has first hand knowledge.

Sorry, I've none of that.

--

Todd Mullins
todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil     On the lovely Mississippi (USA) Coast

'74 MGB Tourer (chrome bumpers, nyaah, nyaah)