Re: FWD: Lowering Rubber Bumper MGBs

To: krobinson@primavera.com
Subject: Re: FWD: Lowering Rubber Bumper MGBs
From: DamitDick@gnn.com (Damit Dick)
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 1995 10:59:53
>>I needed to use an early style cross member
>
>This is definitely true.  You have to change the front crossmember
>to an earlier one to lower the front of the car.  The crossmembers
>on the rubber bumper cars have spacers welded to them which raise
>the ride height.
>
>>, a smaller crank pulley, a different style timing chain cover,
>>different steering components, and do some grinding.
>
>I'm not sure about these.  As far as I know, you only have to
>change the crossmember.  I'd be interested in hearing what the
>consensus is on the above listed mods.
>
>Kendall
>krobinson@primavera.com

Kendall...

So far there hasn't been any concensus in this matter.

I understand about the late cross member and it's spacers. But,
what I don't understand is why you cannot (apparently) just replace
the stock springs with the Moss 550lb springs which are advertised
to lower rubber bumper cars two inches.

I'd sure like to hear from someone who has first hand knowledge.
Surely if Moss sells them someone has tried them.

Dick :>)
Vintage Parts & Products
Have MG will travel