Re[2]: T H R E A D size...

To: mgs@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net, grayoak@holly.ColoState.EDU
Subject: Re[2]: T H R E A D size...
From: Mike A Gendimenico <Mike_A_Gendimenico@ccm.sc.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 95 13:27:00 PDT
Text item:

Nick wrote:
/>This is all so I can pass emissions in
/Colorado... >
/>I'm experiencing problems in finding a bushing to hold a pipe into a
/>threaded hole normally used for the EGR valve connection into the exhaust
/>manifold on the 1500cc engine.
/>
/>The machine shop removed a piece of threaded "something" that had been
/>filled in with welding to prevent exhaust gases from leaking out.
/>Anyway, they said it was 3/4 inch, 14 threads per inch.  Is this
/>available anywhere stateside???

   /This is most likely the standard pipe thread size (3/4-14npt) which is
/actually tapered slightly, hence a standard bolt thread will seem to "bind
/up" after a few turns, when it started out "loose".

/>Secondly I need to find some kind of heat proof pipe to go from this
/>junction in the manifold to an air pump inconveniently mounted on the
/>opposite side of the engine.

If this is the case, you can buy a fitting with pipe thread on one end and
a compression fitting on the other end, where you can insert metal tubing
of choice.  If you can't find it in a good hardware store, then go to a
place that sells industrial valves and fittings.

Mike

Text item: External Message Header