RE: Smog Tests - California

To: MGS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: RE: Smog Tests - California
From: brooked@bre.co.uk
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 1995 09:48:14 EST
Firstly, a belated Thankyou to all who replied to the request for information
regarding smog testing in California.

Unfortunately none of you really answered the question - I have to assume you
understood it since none of you asked for more info!

What was needed is the answer to :-
1) Will a car fail because it has been modified (or the test authority suspects
it has).
and :-
2) Are the testing requirements retrospective. If so what requirements are
there relative to a vehicles age.

If I have an MG TA (or Ford model A) based Hot Rod with a 350 Chevy on the
front and I try to get it smog tested will the staff a the test station polite
explain the it will never pass because its modified? Or is there some leeway in
the regulations?

I'm only recieving the digest at the moment since I spend a lot of time out of
the office, but you relies will be gratefully recieved.

Regards,

Dave Brooke
72 BGT
76 Midget
'breaking buildings for a living can be fun!!!'