RE: Smog Tests - California

To: "Ernest E. Gilbert" <lawref@lawref.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Smog Tests - California
From: john bartholomew <jdb70@juts.ccc.amdahl.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 95 08:23:04 PST
Ernest,
      Of course you are correct. I was really using 1950 as a generic
number to illustrate my point, without thinking of *precisely* what I
was saying. The 1964 year, I believe, was the last year that did not
require any sort of smog test. So any 1964 or older than 1964
manufacture? (probably registered year) would not need to be smogged
and therefore presumably any year engine could be installed. But
beyond 1964 (newer) the rule I mentioned applies. Thank's for pointing
that out, I don't want to pass on incorrect information.
Name: john bartholomew San Jose CA.   Usual disclaimers apply
E-mail: jdb70@juts.ccc.amdahl.com
  69MGBGT, 74MGB, restoring 76MGB, 79MGB, 72MGB daily driver.