Re: Bearing noise location?

To: Kevin Sullivan <kevins@sfo-nichols.com>
Subject: Re: Bearing noise location?
From: "U. Goettsch" <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 1995 15:26:14 -0800 (PST)
> > In answer to your question, you measure the crankshaft to find the
> > size of the bearings.  However, replacing the bearings requires that
> > the head be off, too.  If it turns out to be the cam or lifters, the

While we are on the subject: Has anybody tried changing rod bearings with
the head on?
Will it work by just pushing the pistons up while the crank is at its lowest
position for that cylinder (would have to rotate crank for each cylinder)?
It seems to me it should work ?!
Ulix
                      sprite                 caddy