Re: Midget Starter

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Midget Starter
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 1995 11:08:27 -500
GReznick01@aol.com writes:

> The car is a 76 Midget, bought in September in "like new" condition.

> carb burn on the side of the freeway.
> the accellerator cable stuck a bit.
> I turned the key and got only a loud click.

As you're learning, it may look "as new", but is still a 20 year old car.
It's probably in need of some basic preventitive maintaince, and some real
use to work the bugs out.

> Does anyone have a suggested diagnostic procedure for this?

Rather than re-state it all, please refer to "The Starter Guide" on the SOL
tech page. It's pretty comprehensive.

http://www.team.net/sol/tech/

   ________
  /     _  \    Roger Garnett             (Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu)
 /   /||  \ \   Agricultural Economics   | The Wayward Sports Car Centre
| |\/ ||  _  |  3 Warren Hall            | http://www.wayward.team.net/
| |   ||   | |  Cornell University       |
 \    ||__/ /   Ithaca, N.Y. 14853-7801  | (607) 533-7735
  \________/    (607) 255-2522           | Safety Fast!