RE: temperature sending bulb

To: MGS <MGS@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: temperature sending bulb
From: "Palmer, Lew (UCI)" <LEW@p01.uci.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 96 12:53:00 PST
>          I have some safety gauges gleaned from some A series motors.
>          Anyone have any ideas of how to get the nut off the bulb of
>          the capillary tube without destroying the tube? I have them
>          soaking in rust buster right now.

If I'm not mistaken, the bulb and probably nut are made of brass. Since rust
does not attack brass, a better approach might be to soak in a mild solution
of Draino in water. This should remove the brass oxides. Careful not to soak
too long, otherwise it will remove the brass as well.

Regards,
Lew Palmer
lew.palmer@uci.com