RE: temperature sending bulb

To: "Palmer, Lew (UCI)" <LEW@p01.uci.com>
Subject: RE: temperature sending bulb
From: moses@csra.net (Tim Moses)
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 1996 13:33:50 -0700

>>          I have some safety gauges gleaned from some A series motors.
>>          Anyone have any ideas of how to get the nut off the bulb of
>>          the capillary tube without destroying the tube? I have them
>>          soaking in rust buster right now.

>Lew Palmer replied:
>If I'm not mistaken, the bulb and probably nut are made of brass. Since rust
>does not attack brass, a better approach might be to soak in a mild solution
>of Draino in water. This should remove the brass oxides. Careful not to soak
>too long, otherwise it will remove the brass as well.

        Another "solution" (no pun intended) that will work wonders on brass
is:  KOOLAID.  We used it in the navy to polish brass.  Worked miracles.
the RED koolaid seemed to work the best.  Like Lew says, don't soak it too long.

Tim Moses, Esq.
U.S.N.A. 1986
Augusta, GA (pop. 202,434)
as of Jan. 1, 1996, now  the 77th largest city in USA