Re: Removing studs

To: Kevin Sullivan <kevins@sfo-nichols.com>
Subject: Re: Removing studs
From: moses@csra.net (Tim Moses)
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 1996 13:46:45 -0700
>When removing studs from the head is it preferable to jam two nuts on the
>threaded part or try to grab it with vice-grips or something in the
>middle or is there another way?

        Recently had to replace a broken stud - doesn't matter which way you
do it with those.  But, being the penny pincher that I am, I prefer the
"two-nut" method.
> Should new studs be used in all cases or  are there times when the old
ones may be reused?

        If it's clean and the thread is good, use the old one.  (If it ain't
broke, don't fix it)

Tim Moses, Esq.
U.S.N.A. 1986
Augusta, GA (pop. 202,434)
as of Jan. 1, 1996, now  the 77th largest city in USA