Re: light - was benches

To: Len Bugel <bugel@miranda.fnal.gov>
Subject: Re: light - was benches
From: moses@csra.net (Tim Moses)
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 1996 14:06:50 -0700
>Having used fluorescent lights in both the 110V AC world and the 12V DC
>world, I would question whether the transformer ballast is in any way
>'better'. IMHO, the electronic ballast is not only cheaper,  but longer
>lived, and has the further advantage of operating at a much higher
>frequency, thus eliminating the 60 HZ 'flicker' that some people find
>annoying.

        So, should I mount a $5 flourescent lamp on a pole to provide light
when working under the hood, or shoule I shell out $40 and get the DUAL
halogen lamps?????

        I am dying to light up the world, but afraid of what I might see
under the hood when I look closer.

Tim Moses, Esq.         U.S.N.A. 1986
Augusta, GA (pop. 202,434) the 77th largest city in USA