Re: light - was benches

To: bugel@miranda.fnal.gov, moses@csra.net
Subject: Re: light - was benches
From: jurrasm@genesis.torrington.com (Mark Jurras)
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 1996 08:39:16 -0500
>         So, should I mount a $5 flourescent lamp on a pole to provide light
> when working under the hood, or shoule I shell out $40 and get the DUAL
> halogen lamps?????
>
>         I am dying to light up the world, but afraid of what I might see
> under the hood when I look closer.

Let's look at some other aspects:

The $5 Flourescent uses ~40 watts per bulb assumung 2 bulbs 80 watts.
For Arguments sake @ $0.10/KWH for electricity $0.008/hr

The Dual 500 watt halogen lamps. Both turned on 1 KW @ $0.10/KWH =
$0.10/hr 12.5 times more electricity. But that is not really that
much.

Let's see you live in Georgia. I have been to Norcross in July. I found
it to be HOT! I like it cool, so I would pick the flourecent since it
has more than 10 times less heat pouring out.

FYI I have the Dual 500 Watt Halogen because I like it cool, not
freezing my a$$ off when it is 10 deg in the barn.

Mark "just my 200 watts worth" Jurras    = =o&o