Re: light - was benches

To: James R Ferguson <jferg@twave.net>
Subject: Re: light - was benches
From: Len Bugel <bugel@miranda.fnal.gov>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 1996 09:02:50 +0000

On Thu, 18 Jan 1996, James R Ferguson wrote:

> I thought that the $5 lights had an "electronic" ballast not the better
> transformer type.  Thus, a poor startup, but lower price.
>
> -----
> Jim Ferguson

Having used fluorescent lights in both the 110V AC world and the 12V DC
world, I would question whether the transformer ballast is in any way
'better'. IMHO, the electronic ballast is not only cheaper,  but longer
lived, and has the further advantage of operating at a much higher
frequency, thus eliminating the 60 HZ 'flicker' that some people find
annoying.

        Len Bugel  '50TD