Got 79 MGB running, need info on tuning..

Subject: Got 79 MGB running, need info on tuning..
From: 007 <jmel@netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 1996 09:43:31 -0800 (PST)
Thanks everyone for the information several weeks ago on the Grose Jet vs
non-Grose jet controversy.  I pulled my carb to check the Grose jet - it
appeared to run correctly, so I didn't change it.  It turns out that the
problem I had was the orientation of that aluminum cylinder in the carb -
I knew that there are markings on the rubber skirt that force correct
alignment, but, due to a case of brain fade, I installed it wrong - ergo,
no workie.....

Anyway, the MG starts & runs OK now, but I'm not sure how to tune the
carb for max performance - the manual sez something about using a CO
sniffer to set the idle mixture - does anyone have a lower-tech way of
adjusting the carb???

Jim 'At work - hitek, in the MGB - lotek' Mellander