Q/Clutch/Midget -Reply

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net,
Subject: Q/Clutch/Midget -Reply
From: CHRIS BALL <BALLC@osstf.on.ca>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 1996 12:18:12 -0500
You might want to replace the steel line from the master to the slave, and
the rubber hose, if fitted. Maybe you have a tiny leak in there. With the
gear crunching, see if it will engage easily with the engine not running.  If
it will then I'd suspect the fork that the throw out bearing fits into has
become worn or cracked.

Also, check the brakcet for the slave. Is it flexing  or worn/loose ? Have
someone depress the clutch while you watch underneath. See if the
bracket moves and then have them hold the pedal down to see if you're
slowly loosing pressure.

Finally, if you have one of those bloody tipit valves in the master check
that it's working - but as far as I've seen they are only fitted to brake
masters.