More questions...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: More questions...
From: "Ross A. Goldberg" <loki@computek.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 1996 18:52:21 -0600
Hello,

Well... I flushed my brakes and the car still stops, success! <g>  I was
suprised to find that very few air bubble (very tiny tiny ones) came out of
the line and the brake fluid flowed clean.  After bleeding all four brakes I
ended up pouring in only slightly more than came out.  I guess the master
cylinder wasn't as low as I first suspected.

Of course, the brake lights still don't go on until the brake pedal is near
the floor -- not good.  I tried to tighten the brake light sensor, but it
doesn't seem to want to budge.  Guess it's time for a new one...

One question: If I press the brake pedal a few times when the car is
stopped, the pedal goes down less each stroke until it moves just a little.
I thought bleeding the breaks would fix that but now I am thinking that is
normal, is it?

Other misc. questions:

Haynes says I should replace my Oil Filler cap every once in a while.
Really?  If so, how often?

What about my PCV Valve -- do I just clean it every so often or replace the
diaphram?

When I flush my radiator (next on my list) should I replace all coolant
hoses 'just in case'?

Does the Windshield Washer system really work or is it supposed to drip all
over the place? <g> (it is the 'push' non-motorized system)

Am I asking too many questions?  I hope not...

Thanks,
Ross
'66 MGB
// Ross A. Goldberg (aka Loki)