Re: More questions...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: More questions...
From: "Ross A. Goldberg" <loki@computek.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 1996 11:13:05 -0600
Hello,

>spin freely. Then they're set.  If I'm reading you right, and the wheels spin
>freely while you're pushing on the brake, there is definitely something
>wrong. Don't drive this car until you fix it.  I hate funerals.

No, the brakes don't spin freely while I am pushing on the brake... I do
agree that would be a bad situation <g>

>heat diverter valve, heater to rear of head.  There may be a sort of
>T-connexion hose for the lower radiator hose, with one section of the T
>running into the radiator, one into the lower block (water pump), and one
>section running back to the heater.  This sort of T-hose is unique to B's,
>expensive, and is sometimes replaced by PO's, D or otherwise.

That's sounds like what I have... the hose in question is what I believe is
the return hose from the heater.  Right now it is a 1/2" rubber hose that
goes right over my carbs and bends down to this 'T' connection which feeds
into both the water pump and the lower portion of the radiotor (the return
from the radiator as well?).  From pictures I have seen of how my setup
should look there is a rubber hose attached to a pipe attached to another
rubber hose attached to some sort of valve (??) which feeds into the 'T'
connection.  I can't figure out why (a) this was replaced on my car and (b)
what the purpose of all that stuff was for -- it seems like a long way to
walk around to get to a simple destination.  Perhaps is has something to do
with not wanting a rubber hose right over the carb / exhaust manifold
area???  I haven't every had any problems, but I can't guarantee myself that
when I replace the hose it doesn't sag and touch the carbs / manifold area
(it doesn't now).

Thanks,
Ross
66 MGB