Re: engine work

To: John Eric Lifsey <mat1000a@frank.mtsu.edu>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: engine work
From: jtilton@vt.edu (Jay Tilton)
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 1996 07:56:32 +0500
John Eric Lifsey wrote:
>I have two engines sitting at home.  The body
>will be ready for one of them come then end of March.  I don't know much
>about engine work.

Having two engines sounds like the perfect opportunity to learn.  Sure wish
I had an extra.

>I can work my way around a car, but have never done any serious
>engine tear downs.  Any suggestions?

Yeah.  Get a good shop manual and start tearing into the one you're not
going to put in the car.  You might find that engine rebuilding is not the
heavy wizardry you may think it is.  Even if you manage to mung it up badly
(you'd probably have to make an active attempt to fail), you'd still come
away with scads of knowledge you can apply to maintaining the other.
--
Jay Tilton  |  jtilton@vt.edu
http://fbox.vt.edu:10021/J/jtilton/index.html