Re: Timing question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Timing question
From: jtilton@vt.edu (Jay Tilton)
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 1996 06:06:59 +0500
John G. Napoli wrote:
>Reminds me of the first time I insured my MGB five or six years ago.  The
>clerk taking the information was apparently too young to know of such cars:
>
>Clerk:  "You mean the make is MG?  Never heard of it!  Are you sure?"

LOL!!  But only because the same thing has happened to me (and others,
surely) many times.  Too bad the clerk didn't ask about the body style.

Clerk:  Body?
  You:  Roadster.
Clerk:  Roaster?
  You:  RoaDster!
Clerk:  An Emm Gee Bee *Roadster*?!
  You:  Right.
Clerk:  That's it!  They don't pay me enough to deal with wiseasses like
you!  Get outta here before I call the cops!

Then you have the twerps who are slaves to what their computers tell them.
"It has to be a Midget.  That's the only model listed under MG."

I wonder how things would have gone if you owned a Pegaso.
--
Jay Tilton  |  jtilton@vt.edu
http://fbox.vt.edu:10021/J/jtilton/index.html