Re: Fuel Tank Leakage

To: Tom.Wagner@Central.Sun.COM (Tom Wagner - Program Manager)
Subject: Re: Fuel Tank Leakage
From: jtilton@vt.edu (Jay Tilton)
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 12:26:23 +0500
Tom Wagner wrote:
>I have 67B, that is leaking gas at the sending unit of
>the fuel tank.

I've never had problems with that gasket, but I don't claim to represent any
sort of consensus.  In any event, a leak anywhere in the fuel system is
certainly not normal, and should really be fixed.

Can't remember what it's made out of, but it can't be terribly exotic stuff.
If you don't mind a little fabrication (yay Dremel!) you could try getting
some similar material from the AP store and making your own.

Heck, I'd give the local NAPA a call first.  Sometimes I'm amazed they carry
as much MG junk as they do.  If it comes down to it, Moss only wants ninety
cents for the very thing.

>I have seen reference to a place called "Vicky B",

Vicky B?  A third female on this list?  ;)

<Ahem>  Seriously.  "Vicky B" = "Victoria British."  Sometimes their prices
are better than Moss, sometimes not.  Same goes for quality.  Shop around.
1-800-255-0088 to request a catalog.

The third member of the big-name MG parts triad is The Roadster Factory.
TR's are really their forte, but they're coming around to learning the MG
way of things.  1-800-678-8764.

Standard disclaimers and such.  I don't know them, and they don't know me.
Blah blah blah and a yakitty shmakitty.
--
Jay Tilton  |  jtilton@vt.edu
http://fbox.vt.edu:10021/J/jtilton/index.html