Re: To heat or not

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: To heat or not
From: jtilton@vt.edu (Jay Tilton)
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 12:26:11 +0500
Morrice Curet wrote:
>I have a '70 MGB and would like a more enthusiastic response when I push
>the Heater Fan Switch on the dash.  Has anybody had any experience
>upgrading or changing from a one-speed fan to a two speed fan?  Looking
>in the catalogs, all the motors seem the same, with the only difference
>being the switch.  Thanks.

I think you're right.  I also thought the real difference between the one-
and two-speeders was that the current for the first position is piped
through a fatass resistor mounted inside the heater box before hitting the
fan (so to speak), while in the second position current is piped right to
the motor.

In other words, the two-speed versions have half-on and full-on, while the
one-speeders only have full-on.  The two-speed approach here is not what you
want if you're looking for a heater that really blows (so to speak).

I could be wrong.  Blame the little man who sits on my shoulder and tells me
what to type.  (Ehay ometimesay ieslay ootay emay.  Igday?)
--
Jay Tilton  |  jtilton@vt.edu
http://fbox.vt.edu:10021/J/jtilton/index.html